Live Life Generously: The Go Ape-ril Stewardship Campaign
Thursday May 13, 2021
Little things make a big difference. While they may seem small, the ripple effect can be tree-mendous. Two of Go Ape’s core values are to “Be socially and environmentally responsible” and “Do The Right Thing” so throughout April, we asked you to share what you do to make a difference and show us how you help your local communities. Here are just a few of the generous ways our nation-wide Squad made the world a little better last month:
Ape-ril may be over, but the need for good deeds never ends. Every day is a good day to volunteer or help out in your local community. Not sure where to start?
- Food banks need hands, as well as clinics.
- Blood drives are always looking for volunteers to donate or help coordinate appointments.
- Volunteer to coach or tutor in your area
- Take time to combat climate change, keep your local streets and cities cool, save water, prevent soil erosion, and bring people together by hosting a tree planting.
- Go through your books and donate to a local library or school
- Bike or walk to work, your errands, or your friends rather than drive
- Offer to walk your neighbor’s dog – no strings attached (only leashes)
- Start a garden and share your harvest
For more local volunteer opportunities, visit VolunteerMatch and keep your eyes peeled for more exciting Go Ape stewardship throughout the year. We can’t wait for you to join us in making the world a better place, one good deed at a time.