Go Ape Visitors,
While COVID-19 has presented various challenges, outdoor spaces are well suited to increased social distance and have natural air circulation. A study of more than 1245 confirmed cases of COVID-19 showed that only two (2) resulted from an infection while in an outdoor environment, that’s just .2%! The study highlights that outdoor spaces are lower risk than indoor leisure, shopping, transportation, and even the home environment.
Go Ape has always prioritized customer safety and is taking a similarly vigilant approach to COVID-19, with significant changes to our cleaning and operating procedures. We have reduced capacity limits for all sessions, to ensure group sizes are in compliance with CDC, state and local guidelines.
We are also:
- Spacing guests out to be one gorilla apart (at least 6′) during check-in and briefing.
- Requiring guests from different groups to maintain at least one crossing (more than 6′) distance from other groups.
- Providing face coverings for all staff and requiring that guests wear a face covering during check-in, briefing, and any time social distancing cannot be maintained. Face coverings can be brought from home or purchased.
- PLEASE NOTE: Based on local mandates at our Chicago location, face coverings are required at ALL times, including during the experience.
- Requiring full finger gloves for guests and staff while participating at Go Ape. Gloves can be brought from home or purchased.
- Screening staff at the start of each shift. This includes taking their temperature and sending them home if they have any symptoms or have been exposed.
- Making hand sanitizer available for guests and staff throughout the site, including our cabin, brief area, and course stockades.
- Implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures, to make our equipment sparkle. We have acquired a significant amount of an approved disinfectant spray from the EPA List N.
- Discontinuing the use of cash, shifting to only accept credit card payments.
- Requiring guests to complete their waivers online using their own device.
- Monitoring the situation, to continue improving our approach. We want to make your visit a safe and great experience.
Please help by:
- Packing extra hand sanitizer.
- Staying at home for your health and the safety of others if you have been sick in the last two weeks.
- Following CDC guidelines if you are at higher risk.
Outdoor adventure across America provides a welcome respite from the world around us. We encourage all to de-stress in the tree canopy, take on a challenging crossing, and shout with joy at the thrill of a zipline.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. We’re here to make sure you feel safe throughout your experience. We can’t wait to get back up in the trees!