Updated January 3, 2022
Go Ape Visitors,
While COVID-19 has presented various challenges, outdoor spaces are well suited to increased social distance and have natural air circulation. A study of more than 1245 confirmed cases of COVID-19 showed that only two (2) resulted from an infection while in an outdoor environment, that’s just .2%! The study highlights that outdoor spaces are lower risk than indoor leisure, shopping, transportation, and even the home environment.
Go Ape has always prioritized customer safety and is taking a similarly vigilant approach to COVID-19, with significant changes to our cleaning and operating procedures.
- Spacing guests out to be one gorilla apart (at least 6′) during check-in and briefing.
- Requiring guests from different groups to maintain at least one crossing (more than 6′) distance from other groups.
- Following CDC guidelines regarding face coverings. This includes optional face coverings for guests that have been vaccinated. The CDC strongly recommends that unvaccinated guests still wear face coverings when social distancing cannot be maintained. Please visit the CDC website for more details. Face coverings can be brought from home or purchased.
- Having staff wear face coverings when harnessing, de-harnessing, or needing to be within close contact of guests or other staff.
- Screening staff at the start of each shift. This includes taking their temperature and sending them home if they have any symptoms or have been exposed.
- Making hand sanitizer available for guests and staff throughout the site, including our cabin, brief area, and course stockades.
- Implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures, to make our equipment sparkle. We have acquired a significant amount of an approved disinfectant spray from the EPA List N.
- Discontinuing the use of cash, shifting to only accept credit card payments.
- Requiring guests to complete their waivers online using their own device.
- Monitoring the situation, to continue improving our approach. We want to make your visit a safe and great experience.
Please help by:
- Packing extra hand sanitizer.
- Staying at home for your health and the safety of others if you have been sick in the last two weeks.
- Following CDC guidelines if you are at higher risk.
Outdoor adventure across America provides a welcome respite from the world around us. We encourage all to de-stress in the tree canopy, take on a challenging crossing, and shout with joy at the thrill of a zipline.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. We’re here to make sure you feel safe throughout your experience. We can’t wait to get back up in the trees!