Updated May 5, 2022
Go Ape Visitors,
While COVID-19 has presented various challenges, outdoor spaces are well suited to increased social distance and have natural air circulation. A study of more than 1245 confirmed cases of COVID-19 showed that only two (2) resulted from an infection while in an outdoor environment, that’s just .2%! The study highlights that outdoor spaces are lower risk than indoor leisure, shopping, transportation, and even the home environment.
Go Ape has always prioritized customer safety and is taking a similarly vigilant approach to COVID-19 with changes to our cleaning and operating procedures.
- Encouraging guests to stay one gorilla apart (at least 6′) during check-in and briefing.
- Recommending guests from different groups maintain at least one crossing (more than 6′) distance from other groups.
- Following CDC guidelines regarding face coverings, which are optional for guests and staff.
- Making hand sanitizer available for guests and staff throughout the site.
- Implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures. We have acquired a significant amount of an approved disinfectant spray from the EPA List N.
- Discontinuing the use of cash, shifting to only accept credit card payments.
- Requiring guests to complete their waivers online using their own device.
- Monitoring the situation, to continue improving our approach. We want to make your visit a safe and great experience.
Please help by:
- Packing extra hand sanitizer.
- Staying at home for your health and the safety of others if you have been sick in the last two weeks.
- Following CDC guidelines if you are at higher risk.
Outdoor adventure across America provides a welcome respite from the world around us. We encourage all to de-stress in the tree canopy, take on a challenging crossing, and shout with joy at the thrill of a zipline.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. We’re here to make sure you feel safe throughout your experience. We can’t wait to get back up in the trees!